The Day of Your Procedure
It’s not every day that people take time to have medical procedures. As a result, on the morning of your procedure, you should feel well rested beforehand. Please be sure to get a good night’s sleep the night before.
On the day of your Surgery Center visit, please plan on arriving an hour before your scheduled procedure. Keep in mind that roads leading to the Center may have commuter traffic, so consider leaving early so that you drive at a leisurely pace and not have to worry about traffic delays. Please click here to print out directions and a map.
Before leaving your home, be sure to
• Bathe or shower
• Brush your teeth – taking care not to swallow any water
• Remove any contact lenses, make-up and nail polish
• Leave any jewelry and valuables at home
• Dress comfortably. We dress comfortably here and you should too! Casual, loose fitting clothes and flat-heeled shoes are suggested.
• Confirm that someone will stay with you for the first 24 hours following your procedure.
And don’t forget to bring
Insurance cards, any insurance forms and at least one form of photo identification Special items that your doctor has requested. That may include a brace or a pair of crutches.
It is important that you arrive on time and promptly begin admitting preparation. A parent or legal guardian must be present to sign Consent Forms if the patient is a minor.
The person driving you home will be able to wait comfortably during your procedure. To maximize the comfort of everyone waiting, we ask that only one person accompany you. However, both parents of our pediatric patients are welcome.